Pending Loan, How can I get Status ?
Is there a way to check the status of a pending mortgage loan online
with FHA? My woman is asking me and I don’t have an answer. Our Loan Officer is not in office today… go figure.
The only way you can get your loan status is through your lender or your lenders office. Call ask for his supervisor or manager.
is there a website i can go to to check the status of my house?
the mortgage company has been coming to our house that we are renting. the last time they were here they said they want the names of everone who lives here so they know who to make the eviction notice out to. we DO NOT own this house . we just rent it. i have been here for over 2 years and have always paid rent on time. so my guess is that my landlord stopped paying the mortgage maybe? should i keep paying rent to my landlord or should i hold off becuase if i get kicked out by this mortgage company i am going to need money for rent and deposit somewhere else. my landlord himself keeps telling me that he is taking care of the mortgage and for me to just pay him the rent. but the other day the mortgage people came by for the second time wanting their payment. i explain to them that i dont personally know my landlord and that he doesnt live here. so what should i do? anyone been in this situation?
Lots of people are.
You need to pay rent to the landlord until he no longer owns the house. Once he no longer owns the house you pay rent to the bank for 90 days, or move out sooner. The bank can only evict you if you refuse to pay rent. Them telling you they can sooner then the 90 days, assuming you pay rent, was a scare tactic and pretty shitty of them.
Do not allow them to evict you, it will stay on your credit for 10 years and cause you worse problems then this.
Mortgage taking too long, sellers looking to take down payment?
My husband and I went into contract on a condo on Long Island on April 30th, 2010. The contract for this condo was written up so that it would be on or closed before June 30th in order to obtain the 8k tax credit. We worked with a guy from wells fargo in the beginning and applied for a conventional loan and things seemed to be going smoothly until around the end of may when things started to not make sense, and the next thing you know, (unbeknown to us) we were starting the mortgage process all over again with a different company because we were never formally given a denial notice from wells fargo and they decided to take it into their own hands to hand it off to a private company of their own choice. after going through the mortgage process AGAIN, and getting all the same paperwork, etc. together, we were denied from this company but were finally told it was because the specific condo association that we were purchasing in, arent approved for conventional mortgages, and they are only FHA approved. By this time it was already july 20th, and we were informed that the sellers of the condo were getting antsy, to say the least, and were on the fence about whether they still wanted to proceed. Our lawyer finally pulled some strings and had us work with one of the higher ups at wells fargo and we met with him july 23rd, and started the process all over again, this time going through with the FHA loan. things seemed to finally be calming down and looking hopeful, but this past week we were asked to meet with our lawyer (which usually isnt good news). As it turns out, the sellers and their lawyer came up with an ammendment to the contract of sale that would give us until september 24th to close. In the meantime, according to the ammendment, 5k must be released to the seller upon signing the ammendment, then another 5k to be released on August 13th, another 5k to be released August 27th, another 5k to be released september 10th, and finally another 5k to be released september 24th. This would be a total of 25k released to the seller which they are entitled to keep if closing doesnt take place by september 24th. Of course we’ve been in touch with the mortgage company to check up on the status of the mortgage process but because everything is backed up, they can never guarantee anything. Our lawyer suggested that instead of the proposed ammendment by the sellers attorney, we could propose to release 5k upon signing, and then an additional 2500 in 30 days. My husband and I have been through so much to get this condo and now we just feel like we’re stuck between a rock and a hard place. I dont know what we would do if we took the risk of releasing the money and then finding out that we cant close in time, and walking away with significantly less money in our pocket and knowing we spent 4 months of hell spending every waking minute working on this. We are really looking for advice. Even if law or mortgages arent your forte. What would you do if you were in this situation? Thank you so much for your time!
I appreciate your answers and they were helpful, but unfortunately, with the new banking laws, a lot of rules have been changed with conventional and FHA mortgage standards. Apparently, the conventional mortgage approval issue with the condo has only come into effect back in april when the banks changed the standards in order to lend money for the purchase of a condo.
I think your lawyer has the best idea IF you really have your hear set on this property. If you think you can find another one down the road that might make you just as happy you might want to let this contract die and give up your good faith deposit until you know exactly where you stand in getting a loan. Your finance issues should have been clear to you before you started this process and the risk is too great if the finances remain “up in the air”.
court date for my owner who is not paying the mortgage for the apt that I rented?
I got a web site where I can check the foreclosure status, my owner has to go to the court in 2 weeks, what does it mean this:
NON OWNER OCCUPIED SINGLE FAMILY HOME OR CONDOMINIUM – FILED
court fee $329
How long have you live there? Do you have a lease? Based on new laws on the books that any renter cannot be evicted without reasonable prior notice by new property owner. Based on the Foreclosure Act renter can either stay until their lease is up or 90 days to find new housing. I know some that have been approached by the landlord to continue renting under them meaning a new lease would be signed.
Mortgage is still not valid??!!?
I closed on a home loan back in February of 2009 and here it is almost June, 3 payments later, and I every time I call to check the status of the loan(@ GMAC) I am told that my social security number is invalid and that they have no record of me or my loan. I have sent 3 checks so far, none of them have been returned, none of them have been cashed. I have repeatedly called the mortgage company where I got the loan and they tell me to not worry and to keep sending the payments. GMAC can not even tell me whether they have even received the checks. Is this common? My family is telling me that I should be concerned and I guess I am, but I feel like I have done everything that I can…
Just to clarify…we have all of the mortgage documents. Included in the documents were 2 temp payment coupons- I have used them both. I do live in the house and to this date have never received anything from GMAC or the Mortgage closers- only a check for my HOA fees from the title company. None of the checks have been cashed- the money is still sitting in my acct.
And you have possession of the house? You would think the seller would be screaming for their money. You mortgage broker needs to get on this right away. This does not sound like a typical situation and if GMAC is the one giving your the loan for a home they better have records of you.
Get answers today.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers